soil for Alocasia

i think i came up with a solution for the fact that i would be buying lots of
different alocasia species and losing them.  they seem to like to be

i came upon this realization when i saw Alocasias for sale at stores (like
Black Velvet) and they all seemed to be so overpotted.  it clicked to me that
maybe that's why i lost all my other mail-order plants which arrived in small
pots and i neglected to repot them.

is anyone growing the following, i'm looking for tubers/plants:

reversa, Elaine, narrow micholitziana, zebrina, tigrina, Corazon, cuprea,

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA