Re: Alocasia potting mix

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Alocasia potting mix
  • From: Pugturd@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 21:34:01 -0500 (CDT)

For the mix I use lots of powdered peat moss perlite and maybe some charcoal
dust. just make sure to water in the morning when it is getting warm never
water at night. You usually have to keep a close eye on some of these plants.
But usually if one does get rot it starts to form a lot of bulblets off the
sides. I try to keep about three plants of each one so if one does get rot I
have another one that survives.

I also find a lot of the Colocasia and alocasia macrorrhiza love to be
planted in the ground and will grow to huge heights if allowed.