Re: Alocasia potting mix

I changed to 1/3 long fiber sphagnum, 1/3 course perlite (really course) & 1/3 phalanopsis mix (which included bark & charcoal).

There has to be some better way of growing Alocasias than Pro-Mix since we're both seeing some dwindling in it.  Yes, the tough ones survive but how about the more difficult ones?  I'll gladly change to some ideal mix if it improves the outcome.