Re: Heating for winter!!!

  • Subject: Re: Heating for winter!!!
  • From: Carol Ann Bonner <cadastra@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:21:48 -0500 (CDT)

At 11:45 PM 9/4/01 -0500, Brian wrote:
>iI was also
>interested in knowing how most people heat their water for watering in the
>dead of winter?

My greenhouse is only about ten feet from my house, so the water for it
comes from there, and I just had hot and cold pipes run into it.  For a
"mixer" I just use a standard faucet that is designed for a clothes washing
basin which I also bought for the geenhouse - about $30 for the faucet and
$40 for the basin.  I adusted the temp with the hot and cold valves early
on, and now whenever I water there's wonderful lukewarm water from the
sprinkler head every time.
	The watering system is a little more complicated than that since another
set of pipes supplies the basin and still another cold only pipe runs
through a timer into the misting system.

Carol Ann who has a lot of work to do on the greenhouse before cold weather
arrives