Re: off topic: Tacca seeds

  • Subject: Re: off topic: Tacca seeds
  • From: StroWi@t-online.de (StroWi)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:53:13 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Albert,

thanks for your reply!

Yes, I think I have trouble with germination as well.
My seeds from T. chantrieri, T.leontopetaloides and T. nivea were sown about 5
weeks ago in humous substrate and held at 20-30 C. They do nothing till now.
But maybe it is too early to worry...
How long can germination take with dry seeds?
And what are your experience with germination percentage of dry seeds?
I think the seeds I got were probably not fresh.
Sunshine-seeds claims that the seed is storable for 24 month+ at 4 C at least,
what I found rather long for tropical seeds. But I maybe wrong with that.

I would be thankful for any comment.

Good growing,
Bernhard.