Re: A. konjac

- Don Martinson wrote:
>They certainly don't need what I would call cold.  I've stored mine
>bare at room temp (70F/21C) as well as in 20 gallon pots of soil
>stored in my basement at 59-55F  (10-13C).  They seem to do quite
>well either way.  They bloom, if large enough (4 inch/10 cm
>diameter), for me in March.  When the amorphophallus bloom, can
>Spring be far behind?

Just far enough behind that one has to deal with the various odors of these
wonders inside, because it's still to cold out! Thank goodness for back
rooms that aren't used much, among us who don't have greenhouses to smell
up! Good Growing.

Jonathan

Jonathan Ertelt
jonathan.ertelt@vanderbilt.edu
Greenhouse Manager
Vanderbilt University Biology Department
Box 1812, Sta. B
Nashville, TN  37235
(615) 322-4054