Re: Malanga blanca

  • Subject: Re: Malanga blanca
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 21:45:30 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Eduardo Goncalves <edggon@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 1:09 AM

Dear Eduardo,

Wish I could come down and visit, I`d help you choose the mature ones for
'our pot'!
Had a meal of 'calaloo' and crab bought at a local Trinidadian Resturant
here in W.P.B. today, made with REAL Colocasia leaves, (THIS is my 'link' to
Aroid-l!) but American marine 'blue' crabs were substituted for the land
crabs we would generally cook with the leaves and okra.   Still, it was
wonderful!
Be well, and do NOT eat ALL your growing scientific specimens!

Sincerely,

Julius

>>Julius,

    If I eat my Xanthosoma collection someday, I will put the blame on your
recipes!

                       Cheers,

                              Eduardo.<<