Re: Malanga blanca, OT!

  • Subject: Re: Malanga blanca, OT!
  • From: Susan Cooper <coops@execpc.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:46:16 -0500 (CDT)

>Had a meal of 'calaloo' and crab bought at a local Trinidadian Resturant
>here in W.P.B. today, made with REAL Colocasia leaves, (THIS is my 'link' to
>Aroid-l!) but American marine 'blue' crabs were substituted for the land
>crabs we would generally cook with the leaves and okra.   Still, it was
>wonderful!
>Julius

Julius,
I sincerely hope those weren't the big blue crabs we would see crossing the
road in Palm Beach!  I remember our entire paceline of bicycles almost
crashing as those monsters scuttled across the road... ICK! Can't wait to
see you, though!
Haven't planted my latest acquisition from the Indian markets... turned out
to be tamarind, hee  hee.  NO Suran to be found, I didn't even see any
canned.  But I did get some big Malanga, Boniato, Yautia, and something
else from a grocer right here in town.  Only trouble was, I mixed up the
bags so I don't know what is what.  Isn't this fun!
PS Don I got you some too!  I have to say that the aroid L messages lift my
spirits from the depths they have been in.
Susan