Re: [aroid-l] ZZ Plant

At 09:51 PM 09/05/2002 -0400, Plantsman wrote:

I bought this unusual looking succulent-like plant on a lark
while visiting my area Home Depot several months ago.  I'd never
run across anything like this before and not knowing anything
about it, brought it home and thus far and have managed not to
kill it.   It was unidentified outside of a "Tropical Foliage"
tag on the 8" pot and was $7.99.   Last week at our new Super
Wal-Mart, I was surprised to see it again and noted that they
were tagged as a "ZZ Plant".

A most WONDERFUL plant. and! you can remove individual leaves and root them and they form little things which look like bulbils even if that is NOT what they are really called, and they root and make more plants!

I am trying to think about watering, what do i do, i keep this in an open textured mix and water it freely. but it is capable of storing water if asked to do so.

For a moment i thought you had nabbed the fabulously rare Zazu Pitts plant.