Re: [aroid-l] Growing problems.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Growing problems.
  • From: "Cooper, Susan L." SLCooper@scj.com
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:22:31 -0500

My leaves do not mush out.  It is only at the soil level.  The petiole turns
a dark color and shrinks (this affects 1/8 inch to 1/2 inch at the most).
After the petiole topples the upper part can look normal for a few days.
I haven't smoked cigarettes (this year).
My boyfriend (a microbiologist) is going to check out the next one under the
scope and I'll keep you informed.

Susan
PS Paul, I didn't see anything that looked like it was eaten.  It almost
looks like an invisible rubber band was tied around the base of the plant,
getting tighter until it is so small the diameter is not large enough to
hold the plant up.  I'll look closer for bugs next time, and try to get a
picture too.