Re: [aroid-l] Giant Amorphs - Wilbert

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Giant Amorphs - Wilbert
  • From: mburack@mindspring.com
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:42:45 -0400

No no Wilbert...

You should know, I would rather have my skin flailed off with a hot branding
iron before getting into Philos which I generally loathe.

Now Anthuriums on the other hand...hmmmmmmmm (SMILE!)

What can I say... I cant protect the d**n things..... Everything is looking
great... 4pm comes.. they sky turns black... out of nowhere it is nothing but
lightning and rain, and the ever so pleaseant 55 mile an hour wind.... I have
tried stakes....big clay pots... you name it.. these things just arent built
to handle any wind..... The leaf is smashed into bits.. and the orange or
grapefruit sized tuber I started out with at the start of the season, is now
the size of a pea!??!
Of course with the exception of my large paeons, which seem to be able to
withstand a house falling on them!