[aroid-l] Fw: Rare Plant Sale--Cycads

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Fw: Rare Plant Sale--Cycads
  • From: "Susan Cooper" coops@execpc.com
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:23:04 -0400

Kind of OT, but....
And I am NOT saying this man has anything to do with the theft at
Fairchild

September 9, 2002

This is a brief letter to friends and colleagues to let you know
about a new venture on which I've embarked.

For years, I've loved importing and collecting rare plants.  This
past fall, I decided to leave the corporate world and pursue my
passion, importing and distributing rare tropical plants, mainly
cycads and palms.  As you'll see on my website, http://CycadPalm.com
cycads are rare endangered plants, which have survived 250 million
years since the Jurassic period.  They are among earth's oldest
living plants.

My partners and I have scheduled a "Welcome to Our Nursery" sale on
September 14th, at our Long Beach nursery and growing grounds.  Over
the coming year, we plant to continue to expand our wholesaling
effort to retail nurseries and landscapers.

My partner, Vince Gongora, and I have just imported over 1,500 large,
specimen-sized rare cycads and other rare plants-- plants whose size
will not likely be seen again in the USA.  Truly special plants.

In addition, we've just partnered with Jeff Chemnick, one of the
world's most respected cycad experts and growers, to sell (with Jeff)
over 3,500 of his healthy seed-grown cycads from our nursery, at
excellent prices.  On September 14th, Jeff will be on hand to answer
questions about these plants, as will a number of other local palm
and cycad experts.  We'll have a delicious barbeque, with cold drinks
and other refreshments.

If you can, come visit our nursery on Saturday, September 14, 2002,
between 9AM and 6PM, to see just what we we're doing.  A small
investment of your time may pay off in great, well-priced plants for
you and your garden.

We're at 6899 Cherry Avenue, in North Long Beach, just 1  blocks
north of the 91 Freeway, east of the 710 Long Beach Freeway.  Under
the power lines.  A well-kept secret no more.

Bring your appetite and plenty of space in your vehicle, because
you'll want to benefit from these one-day prices.  I hope to see you
there.

Sincerely,

Maurice Levin
A&A Cycads