Re: [aroid-l] Debate about Stink/Spaths

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Debate about Stink/Spaths
  • From: "Ron Iles" roniles@eircom.net
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 00:11:08 +0100

Oh, well done, folks, I hope the Members will find the members not only most
palatable but nutritious. Apparently its not the members that are toxic but
their other parts?  So please please ensure that the everything is removed
doing things in the kitchen.  Spaths, so very elegant & gracious, so worthy,
suitable for a romantic occasion.   Might I suggest that newly blooming ones
are put on the Celebration Table so that the perfume can give that "extra
lift"?    Could they be of the most strongly perfumed kind called CANNY
folium?  Growing Spaths for FOOD & ROMANCE?  Mirabile dictu!   Are people
realising their true value at last!   May I suggest that lechlerianum is
"difficult" but still worthy of perseverance & the very green minor, maybe
small but subtle, for quickie meals obviously the big ones are, well, quick,
but for that unforgettable ravishing meal, can I recommend a slowly prepared
combination of cochlearispathum, & kochii with some neblinae.

A Humble Irish Pot Boiler

Dear Ron and others tempted to try eating Spaths,

They are eaten in N. South America, the young inflorescences are gathered
from the wild and are sold in markets in the Guianas, they are used in
curries.    Good stuff.

>>I do not eat my beloved Spathiphyllum.  But DO try them they are toxic.
You might also try the psychological aphrodisiac & creative inspirational
effects of working in an environment where the perfume of these wonders,
like that of a heavenly woman emanates at high concentration.  Dreamy, Man.
Works wonders for your romance life & can gives that special  "lift" to
jaded Members such as maybe yourselves.<<