[aroid-l] Visiting Australia

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Visiting Australia
  • From: Don Martinson llmen@wi.rr.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:46:48 -0500

Visiting Australia

I'm going to be visiting Australia the first 2 weeks in November. Stops will be pretty much the usual tourist loop. Sydney, Cairns and Alice Springs. Availability of a private vehicle is a possibility, but unlikely.

Are there any "must see" botanical gardens, nurseries or other plant sellers near these locations. I'd like to be able to purchase some plant material to bring back to the US, but as the USDA now requires a phytosanitary certificate, this seems unlikely unless I can make other arrangements.

Please feel free to contact me off list if you wish.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin