Re: [aroid-l] Am. kiusianus and Am. henryi germination

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Am. kiusianus and Am. henryi germination
  • From: Paul Tyerman ptyerman@ozemail.com.au
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:11:00 +1000

Howdy All,

I've watched this discussion and figure that I must be really lucky.  I
received seed of henryi and kiusianus over hte last few years.  Both
germinated happily for me, within 8 months.  The Am. henryi took the 8
months to send up their first leaves (I had buried them so I didn't see
radicals), whereas the kiusianus took a matter of a few weeks only (I think
6 at the max) to send out radicals (they were on the surface, covered
lightly in gravel), and 3 1/2 months to send up their first leaves.

If I can offer any help then ask.  I have only had experience with Am.
lewallei, kiusianus, heterophyllum and henryi seeds..... all of which have
had at least some germination.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Cyclamen, Crocus,
Cyrtanthus, Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything
else that doesn't move!!!!!