Re: [aroid-l] A. kiusianus germination

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A. kiusianus germination
  • From: "Randy Story" story@caltech.edu
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:22:03 -0700

Petra,

Any idea of what you do that might be different? Freshness, soaking,
temperature (are they outdoors?).  Perhaps germination inhibitor(s) leach
out by soaking??

I ask because everything else I've found seems to suggest a long germination
time for this species, including two posts on this list that I found in the
archive. I just noticed that both of them are from Alan Galloway, in 1997
and 2001, reporting germination times of 21 months and 29 months
respectively.  There was apparently simultaneous germination of a batch of
seeds in each case.  Any idea what's up?

I'm happy to hear that it shouldn't take 2 years!

Thanks,

Randy