Re: [aroid-l] Herps and aroids/eddoes

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Herps and aroids/eddoes
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:00:05 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <Lewandjim@aol.com>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 1:17 PM

In a message dated 9/22/2002 8:18:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
harrywitmore@witmore.net writes:
> I had a Ball python that I had fro 20 years that just recently died.
Sounds
> like love for plants and herps is not that unusual.
>
> Harry Witmore

Jim and Harry,

It MUST be common, I started off w/ snakes and other herps. as a VERY young
boy, then on to beetles, scorpions and THEN plants, Aristolochias at first
then AROIDS (Caladiums at first)  and other 'strange' plant families!

My last snake was a T`dadian rainbow boa named 'Iris' (the spanish word for
a rainbow is 'Arco Iris", or Iris' bow'.    Lent her on a breeding loan a
few years ago, never heard a word from the guy who moved out of state!

Julius

>>Harry,

You're quite right. I bred and raised green anacondas.  The breeding female
died at 27 years old of congestive heart failure; she had an
ovario-hysterectomy at 25 years of age. I now restrict my love of animals to
30 aquaria; much easier to care for!

       Jim Langhammer