Re: [Aroid-l] off subject:: rain forest tree moss

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] off subject:: rain forest tree moss
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:52:45 -0400

You must mean Spanish Moss? It's a very common Tillandsia and anyone in FL or the nearby southern states will probably be happy to grab some from their back yard and mail it to you. (I can't send you any because I live in the north.)

It requires high humidity, of course, to thrive.

Sheldon Hatheway wrote:

Hi, everyone!

I am making some hypertufa "trees" for my new
greenhouse and would like to get some of that nifty
moss that grows on the branches of those big trees in
the tropical rainforests.  Do any of you know where I
can get some?  I can't afford a trip to the tropics
myself at the moment (I spent all my vacation money
for many years to come on the new greenhouse).  Any
help, especially from you botanical garden curators,
would be greatly appreciated.

Sheldon Hatheway
Aroid-l mailing list