[Aroid-l] Re: Culture information

Good Morning Folk's,

I'm the proud new parent of several arum's graciously
gifted by Mr. M.C. Hammer of this group...and I was
rather beside myself with excitement to receive them
but now to culture...sigh.....I'm wading through pages
of websites for culture and not really finding any

Here's the List and pertinent information

  I'm in Maine and our growing season is March - Sept.

Last Frost April 15th, First Frost around Oct 20th

Indoor growing areas are 8 x 12' glassed in porch
southeast exposure minimum night temp 60*

Day temps usually around 70-80* during winter

Water is around a pH of 6.5

I fertilize with a Dyna-Gro 7-9-5 formula

I understand that they (Arums) need a Dormancy but
when do they gro and when do they sleep? and is there
a reaclimization period from whence they came in

  Th'x to all from a novice who honestly wants to
learn and needs to learn..

kfb - maine zone 5

Aroid-l mailing list