Re: RE: RE: [Aroid-l] Wild Titan's ?/YES

  • Subject: Re: RE: RE: [Aroid-l] Wild Titan's ?/YES
  • From: bonaventure@optonline.net
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:38:33 +0000 (GMT)

Thank you Dave,

My intentions were of the more "mad scientist" type. I was hoping there was an excess of pollen, but for my purposes the point is moot anyway. you see I wanted to try to cross titanum with the konjacs that are now taking over my front yard and bloom in spring.

I have become jaded and am no longer impressed with their 2 foot high inflorescences and 4 foot high and wide leaves. I am though still impressed by their extreme hardiness and reliability of bloom and their powers of vegetative increase and I may be a bit insane in wanting a larger version with possibly cold tolerence plus hybrid vigor to boot.

Bonaventure