[Aroid-l] Further pics of ?Typhonium praetermissum

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Further pics of ?Typhonium praetermissum
  • From: Dennis Hearne phoenixplants@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:16:28 +1000 (EST)

Hi All

The plant surprised me by popping open this afternoon..... and alerting me by its stink!  It smells like very fresh, very strong horse manure, or maybe monkey dung..... not attractive at all.

By way of scale reference, the plant is in a 120mm squat pot. It is growing in the natural depauperate laterite soil I found it in, and not in any sort of potting mix..... will try that this year now that I have flowered the species.

I apologise for the quality of the pics, and will try to do better tomorrow if the flower is still open.

Regards Dennis

On Yahoo!7
Fuel Price Watch: Find the cheapest petrol in your area

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg