[Aroid-l] Hilo Beauty ??

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Hilo Beauty ??
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:33:26 -0400

Well early this spring I put Gibberellic Acid on a few aroids that people have been trying to ID for years. One plant was Xanthosoma Albo marginata or micky mouse plant. So far no sign of a flower spike. I also put this chemical on Alocasia Hilo Beauty. My plant was already fairly mature and is around 4 feet tall now. I was checking today and I now see a flag leaf which usually is followed by blooms. I went out earlier and their is another growth coming out of the stem of the flag leaf it looks like a bloom to me but I will not be able to tell for sure for at least a few days.
Julius I know you have a lot of interest in finally getting a ID to this plant. I hope to take some detailed photos if this is indeed a flower and I would like to send the flower off to be looked at. I would need detailed instructions on how you would like the flower shipped so that it is preserved. THANKS
Aroid-l mailing list