[Aroid-l] GA3 treatments on aroids

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] GA3 treatments on aroids
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" petrabot@gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 09:40:36 -0500

Hi Brian...long time, I know...the GA3 treatment to induce flowering can be a trial in itself, finding the right concentration and application periods.  I treated Anthurium sect. Pachyneurium plants (in the research collection of Dr. Tom Croat) way back in the late 80s and had some success.  We found that a few species actually continued setting flower spikes for many months before settling back into their natural cycle.  There are some very good articles written by Dr. Jake Henny regarding this topic and are probably listed in the aroid-l index or in Tom's aroid literature compilation on the IAS website.  Anyway, good luck with the project.  Petra