Re: [Aroid-l] Plants that glow in the dark.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Plants that glow in the dark.
  • From: "Frank" f_h_bln@gmx.net
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:29:12 +0200

Hi all,

There is a simple reason why this technology has not been used for commercial plants: Besides some biological/technical problems, it is not allowed to keep genetically modified organisms outside a laboratory environment. As for the example of genetically engineered soya beans one has to prove that they are not harmful to humans and the environment. And My opinion is that this strict handling is absolutely necessary, otherwise we would run into an ecological catastrophy.

Best regards

-------- Original-Nachricht --------