RE: [Aroid-l] Gonatopus species-solved

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Gonatopus species-solved
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:02:15 +0000

From : 	Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
Sent : Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:22 AM
To : Aroid list <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : [Aroid-l] Gonatopus species?

Dear Ken,

No one asked me! "Believe it or don`t", as the old "Mad Magazine' used to say, I have been told that this all-green, giant Gonotopus is the very same G. bovinii, the common 'giraffe leg' or whatever, the other one with the beautiful markings which grows to a substantially smaller plant, at least the experts including "Lord P" whom have grown it and studied the 'naughty bits' along the spadix say that they are a match!
So there now!

Julius

At that IAS show/sale there were several plants of a solid green (no spots, stripes or bloches) Gonatopus with no certain species listed. Nobody there was able to identify the species. Does anyone else have any ideas?
I can take a photo and post it later if required.

Thanks,
Ken<<