Re: [Aroid-l] winter tuber storage for Anchomanes and Tacca

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] winter tuber storage for Anchomanes and Tacca
  • From: "Allan Tetzlaff" atetzlaff@rogers.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 06:29:19 -0400

Hi Ken,

I don't know for sure about those species, but have a note on storage of 'slightly moist'. What I have tried seems to work well. I have good quality sphagnum that I use for some orchids. I use NewZealand sphagnum mostly. If you take some that has not previously been used and soak it in water till it is saturated, then squeeze water out until it is just damp.... then put into ziplock bags with the bulb in the centre... and press most of the air out of the bag - this seems to work well. The moss has antibiotic properties. It works quite well. You just have to open them once in a while to check on them. Hope this is of help.

Aroid-l mailing list