Re: [Aroid-l] amorph gigas/ goetzei

Dear All,
thanks for your ID of the amorph henryi. I've grown that one before but it was years ago that it flowered. I guess I was hoping this was goetzei, since it wasn't the gigas that I thought I had. I'll have to razz Tom if he's at the show about him sending me the wrong form of gigas!
  and I didn't keep the scarab beetle.

From: "D. Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
To: "Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] amorph gigas/ goetzei
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:20:02 -0700

Hello, Don!

It looks more like A. henryi to me. By the way . . . the scarab in the
infloresence is probably an Onthophagus. If you kept the beetle, and send it
to me, I can probably put a name on it. Its what I do professionally, and I
really love scarabs.

Happy days,

D. Christopher Rogers
Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist

EcoAnalysts, Inc.
(530) 406-1178
707 Dead Cat Alley
Suite 201
Woodland, CA 95695 USA

? Invertebrate Taxonomy
? Invertebrate Ecological Studies
? Bioassessment and Study Design
? Endangered Invertebrate Species
? Invasive Invertebrate Species
? Periphyton/ Phytoplankton
? Zooplankton

Moscow, ID ? Bozeman, MT ? Woodland, CA ? Joplin, MO ? Selinsgrove, PA