[Aroid-l] Monstera Hybrid

I had a great time at the show this year as always. When I returned I found that my experiment from almost 2 years ago was finally rippening up. I had tried many times to breed Philodendrons with no luck so I decided to see how Monsteras would work for me. I took pollen off of Monstera friedrichallsii and put it on Monstera deliciosa yellow variegata that was in bloom. It took just around a year and a half  to get the fruit to rippen up. I was not sure what to expect. I have never seen seeds or even pictures of seeds before on a Monstera. I started digging around in the fruit and found a large dime size elongated seed. After cleaning 3 seed heads I ended up with around 40 or more seeds and still have 2 more seed heads rippening. On one of these flowers I also put pollen from Monstera peruviana I am not sure if it took or not but I did get a hand full of seeds from that flower head as well. Here are photos of both parents the flower off of deliciosa. I will send another e-mail with pics of the seed heads and seeds.

Aroid-L mailing list