Re: [Aroid-l] Aroid stamp

Title: Message
Anybody can pick out a bunch of pretty flowers or fruits to put on stamps, but Some of these plants are not even native to Micronesia.This is obviously not meant to be a botanical drawing but an artist's rendition of something cute to put on stamps. A stamp collector would apreciate a little accuracy in the stamps a country produces what else makes them collectible. Native flowers and fruits  on a country's stamps should be a given, I guess Micronesia doesn't care.
-----Original Message-----
From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Kyle Baker
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:25 AM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aroid stamp

no photo available...says its a binary file,,,good lord do they make those anymore?

kfb maine

Marek Argent <abri1973@wp.pl> wrote:
The 16th stamp in this sheet is named "taro",
but the leaf doesn't look like Colocasia esculenta, rather like Xanthosoma sp.
What may it be? I know that artist sometimes don't see important features for botanists.
Besides I read somewhere that in various regions of the world, different species are cultivated as "taro".
Can anyone help?
Marek Argent
Aroid-L mailing list

Aroid-L mailing list