Re: Philodendron mamei , different forms ?

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron mamei , different forms ?
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:09:01 -0500

Dear Michael:

            You photo showed what appeared to be a vine.  If so I don’t see how it could be P. mamei which is always a creeping plant with the stem thickened and with short internodes. Admittedly I don’t remember what the juvenile form it but it could not be a vining hemiepiphyte.  I am currently working on a revision of the creeping group and will make a new series name to accommodate them.  There are about a half dozen or more species involved.

Tom