Re: Dracontium amazonense variagated

  • Subject: Re: Dracontium amazonense variagated
  • From: "Daniel Devor" <plantguy@zoominternet.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:12:46 -0400

Thanks for clearing that up Wilbert.  My polyphyllum finally had a short
dormancy this summer after 4 years of being evergreen and when they came
back up they produced a far more magnificent plant with almost no
variegation at all which corresponds to what you indicate below.  I've
mentioned this before here, but I've never had them bloom (my D. prancei
bloomed once) and I've never had a tubercle grow (I've never removed one
from momma either), but the petiole and leaf make them completely worthwhile
to grow as a virtually evergreen plant here in my zone.

Good growing,

Gibsonia, PA