RE: Mark's A. titanum

----------
From: 	aroid-l@mobot.org on behalf of Don Burns
Sent: 	Sunday, September 07, 1997 11:46 AM
To: 	ju-bo@msn.com
Subject: 	Re: Mark's A. titanum

>>Mark, I'll be pleased to scan the photo for you. Sounds like yoy had
better get busy with your pick-axe.  Either that, or move the plant soon
in an airconditioned trailer.

Julius, Mark could dig a far deeper hole than he would require and never
hit water.  Arizona, unlike south Florida, is not known for its shallow
wells.

Don Burns   Plantation, FL USA   Zone 10b<<

Dear Don,
Yes, I agree that there isn`t much rain or a high water table in Arizona, but
unless Mark has suceeded in crossing the Amorphophallus with a species of
Cactus which may reduce it`s water requirements, it will require watering, and
presumably this will remain in the hole, hence the sump pump!
How are you doing?  Have a Lasiomorpha prepared when you are ready.

           Julius