Re: Archives available?

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Diana Pederson wrote:

> Is this list archived somewhere so I can do some research on

Diana,

The answer is no, that is unless someone out there on the list has been
archiving. We had some debate on this subject almost a year ago, and if I
recall correctly more were for than against.  But most list members
abstained through silence.

I personally like the idea of archiving.  Archiving a list such as
Aroid-L has many practical benefits. But there are those, and I respect
their rights, who object because of personal privacy issues, and some
even are concerned with issues of copyright.

We have a standing offer from one particular web site to archive
Aroid-L. In fact, I believe the individual who has made the offer will
even agree to making the link invisible so a user can access the archive
only if he/she knows the URL.

Don