Re: Shipment from Italy received (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:11:59 -0500
From: Fausto Ceni <cendot@spidernet.it>
To: aroid-owner@mobot.org
Subject: Re: Shipment from Italy received.

This message was submitted by Fausto Ceni <cendot@spidernet.it> to list
aroid-l@mobot.org. If you forward it back to the list, it will be distribut=
ed
without the paragraphs above the dashed line. You may edit the Subject: lin=
and the text of the message before forwarding it back.

If you edit the messages you receive into a digest, you will need to remove
these paragraphs and the dashed line before mailing the result to the list.
Finally, if you need more information from the author of this message, you
should be able to do so by simply replying to this note.

----------------------- Message requiring your approval -------------------=
---
Sender: Fausto Ceni <cendot@spidernet.it>

Diana Pederson wrote:
>=20
> I just received my shipment from Italy.  I am excited about being
> able to plant some species bulbs into our church bible garden.
>=20
> I am not sure how to plant:  Gynandrirs sysirncheum Laaimedusa or
> Nothoscoroon.  (Not sure about these spellings--having trouble
> reading).  The first one is seeds and the 2nd is bulbs.  Would
> someone tell me about these?
>=20
> Should I assume the arums (Italcicum, and purpureospathum) are
> hardy or tender?

You can find the correct spelling for the above plants on my first
E-mail.
Gynandriris sisyrinchium (collected in Lampedusa Is.) and Nothoscordon
inodorum (coll. in Tenerife) grow in a mediterranean climate.
The first needs a very hot and dry dormancy period in summer, the second
comes from subtop. america.  - full sun. They can survive till -5/-10=B0C
Arum italicum is hardy (till -15=B0C) but Arum purpureospathum is not so
hardy: better not under -4=B0C. For both dry rest period in summer. Light
shadow.

Fausto=20
--=20
Dr. Ing. Fausto CENI - Via Marsala 8  I-25122 BRESCIA (ITALY)
Tf   ++39 30 3756011  -  Fax  ++39 30 42435
E-mail   cendot@spidernet.it