Re: Newbie questions/germinating dracunculus seeds

Jaime Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I just received seeds for Dracunculus canariensis from Fausto,  and would
> like some information on culture.  None of my reference books list d.
> canariensis.  How hardy/tender is it?  What kind of soil do they prefer?
> How long will it take for them to germinate?  Should I sow them now?  Do
> they need a cold stratification?  My only experience with dracunculus is
> looking at photos of d. vulgare in catalogs.  Thanks.

D. canariensis germinates easy: sow it now, give water and don't let the
pot go under 20C.
This plant is not so hardy as D. vulgaris: it is a winter grower from
Canary is., mediterranean/humid climate.

Dr. Ing. Fausto CENI - Via Marsala 8  I-25122 BRESCIA (ITALY)
Tf   ++39 30 3756011  -  Fax  ++39 30 42435