Tuber trading question

Dear Aroid List Members,
I need some advice on trading plants - actually just the tubers.  I would
like to trade some Aroid tubers with someone in South Africa - I'm in
upstate New York, USA.  This seems like a simple task but there are
probably some official rules to deal with.  Seeds in an envelop probably
wouldn't be a problem but a 2" tuber might be. Can someone who has some
experience with this subject please suggest a method/process of shipping
a couple of tubers from SA to the USA.
Thanks for your help.
Craig