Amorphophallus titanum propagation

Dear List,

	Many thanks to those who replied to my A. titanum
cultivation/propagation inquiry.  Today I learned more about the origin of
my plant and this information seems to answer my propagation question.

	Apparently, my plant was an offset from a seed-grown plant.  The
original seedling plant grew for a couple of years until its tuber was
causing its pot to actually bulge.  When it was placed in a bigger pot, it
was found that it could be separated into two plants.  I now have one of
the two. This corresponds to a message that I received which mentioned that
someone on the Aroid List found that his A. titanum formed offset tubers
when grown in a relatively small pot.  Perhaps I won't be hasty to repot
mine!

- Chad Husby