Titan Watch at Fairchild Garden 9/1/99

Titan watch: 72.25"
Amorphophallus titanum 931146A

.Now it looks like it has stopped growing. There is no increasing in height.

The spathe (ruffled exterior covering) is getting fuller all the time, and
looks like it has loosened up a bit more at the top. The spadix (tall spire
type part) is very furrowed.

I almost imagine that I can smell something, but if so, it is so faint that I
can't be sure even when I have my nose right next to the inflorescence. Since
(I think) growth has stopped it is a tense wait to see when we get our long
awaited dramatic openning.

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager 'Windows to the Tropics'
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami, Florida 33156
Tel. 305-667-1651 ext. 3320   FAX 305-661-8953
email: cm_allen@yahoo.com
Web site: http://www.ftg.org
Do You Yahoo!?