Re: Lazy Lysichitum-

Bob:

The eastern variety growing near my home seems the most healthy in areas
where it receives standing water through till early summer. Much of the
water is from spring floods of the nearby spring-fed creek. Farm fields
surround the area and contribute rich runoff. The soil is silt and sand
and they grow in heavy shade. Each spring they are growing up through
the remaining snow but the roots are deep enough to require a back hoe
to get them out.

Tim Mcninch