RE: Memorial Gardens on Church Property

The only thing like what you are mentioning near me in NYC is the Bronx
Botanical gardens in NYC where we have a few acres of un-touched original
forest people where folks choose to scatter ashes; Central Park is sometimes
a scattering ground for ashes, especially the Rambles area; Broadway over
which WWI ace  Eddie Rickenbacker flew scattering Damon Runyon's ashes;;
and, of course,  countless Neptune society daytrips to Long Island Sound
where the bereaved scatter the ashes of their loved ones in the oceans. Many
of our organized crime figures are buried at sea, but usually their remains
are weighted not cremated.

There is an apocrypal story that one of our older master gardeners asked
that her ashes be added to the compost heap by her son, but none of us has
proof that this was done. Cremated remains are not officially approved
compost material in out garden. I'd hate to have  NYPD forensics to have to
go through our compost heap for evidence ( especially after stable day!)

Hoping this has all been helpful,