RE: Difference between horticulture and permaculture?

Christine:

Horticulture
Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary : the science and art of growing
fruits, vegetables, flowers or ornamental plants

Permaculture

Permaculture is both a new and old concept. It's central tenet is
sustainability. It is not "Miracle Grow" or any quick fix chemical
fertilizers with toxic side effects. It is not slash and burn farming as
done by certain indigenous peoples not is it "chemical stew" mega farms run
by large agribusiness concerns.

Here are some useful sites for your perusal:

http://www.thefarm.org/permaculture/index.html

http://www.permaculture.org.uk

http://csf.colorado.edu./perma/ctpi