question about sources of money for school garden

In a message dated 4/4/01 10:00:45 AM, community_garden-admin@mallorn.com
writes:

<< My organization, Youth Engaged in Service, is currently building a
garden at an Oakland middle school.  We are still $700 short of our
goal, the $700 we need to fill the raised beds with soil.  Does anyone
have any resources for grants or for free, good quality soil?

Hi, I know in San Francisco for $30 you join SLUG and you can get plenty of
free soil and manure, etc. maybe in Oakland something similar exists? also
try stables for manure. We are working on vertical aquaponics hear in Hunters
Pt. and you are welcome to check it out.
One Love,
Mofwoofoo
415-824-4214