Starting a Community Garden

Hello!
      I am in the process of beginning a community garden in my area and am
having a difficult time developing members.  I have had many organizations
donate items and services to create the garden, but to date have 5 members.
Is this normal?  What types of advertising did you find success with?  I have
advertised in the local paper, distributed flyers to area businesses,
participated in a business expo, newsletters through the local school system.
 I have had many " Oh, that is such a wonderful idea!" " I've heard about
this, what a benefit to the community".  The garden is going to be created
the end of this month(April).  Will more members join after seeing the garden?

Please respond to Raquel Clark, 1102 Bowes , Apt 5
Lowell,  MI  49331  or to the E-mail address listed and a friend will forward
the information.

Thank you!