RE: Re: gandules, ajies and Jose

Howdy friends-
Since I started this whole discussion with a total ignorant and innocent
question about a month ago, I thought I would wade back in.  I just got a
packet of gandules seeds from Carribean Seeds.  Interesting, they come in a
little plastic bag and among the 20+ seeds there appear to be 5 or 6 quite
different color schemes from all chestnut to black and white speckeled.
Maybe open pollinated or different varieties.  Anyway, they are heading for
the greenhouse to be germinated.  The information sheet says they get to be
6 feet high with 3-foot branches.  I just want some green ones so my
daughter can cook Arroz con Gandules for her Puerto Rican friends.  Now it
sounds like I may be starting a farm.  Somebody will have to advise me on
when to harvest them green, and then I'll be looking for preferred
preservation methods.  Ain't it great!