Re: Re: gandules, Northern growing

Pat,

Most likely the seeds were old or hadn't been stored properly. I
usually store unused seeds in the fridge.

The directions we got from USAID (where we got our seeds in the 80's
for a garden project in North Philadelphia, ie a 5th world or
dedeveloped nation) were to start the seeds in February (which is
something like 90 days to planting out in mid- to late-May in these
parts) in 3-4" pots on bottom heat. Mine germinated on a propagation
mat set at 80 degrees, and I kept the pots in a plastic bag to
conserve moisture til they germinated. They are now under
fluorescents without additional heat.

Good luck next time,

Libby
--