Re: Big Wig Money

Ariel wrote:
>Has anyone ever attempted to or received goods and or services from some of
>the big chain monsters (home depot, lowes, walmart) that profess to have
>community donation programs?

Your local Walmart has to give out $1000 for "Make A Difference Day" on the
last Saturday of October.  Applications are taken after September 1st.  Do
everything Adam mentioned (having stationary and your state and federal tax
exemption documents) and then approach them for the money then.

I've been finding that it helps to have some type of work day tied into
something -- we're now doing "Make A Difference Day" in October as a Fall
Work Day and our Spring Work Day will be 4/28, the last day of "National
Volunteer Week."  When you have all your documents in order and can tie your
event to something bigger than just "you", it seems to open the doors a lot
wider.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of