RE: Starting a Community Garden

5 working, committed members? You'll have a great, though tired crew when
you start up. Make sure that you lay out the work fairly and make sure that
none of you over-do it. With volunteer groups burn-outs are a big problem.
Set realistic goals. Treasure these volunteers and take a picture of them,
"the founders", "the first five" whatever. Be there or be square.

I'm sure that once people see bodies working in a previously empty space,
you'll get more folks wanting to pitch-in. Check out the ACGA website
http://www.communitygarden.org ; information page
http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/index.html on setting up you garden,
care and feeding of volunteers and growing as a group.

Good luck!  When you have a larger volunteer base, you should consider
membership in the ACGA the premier organization of  community gardeners in
North America:

Good luck!

Adam Honigman