From: Honigman, Adam [mailto:Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 7:12 AM
To: 'jherndon@regionalfoodbank.org'; 'Marc Dick'
Cc: community_garden@mallorn.com
Subject: RE: [cg] bed size

This is a great detailed link. It's chock full of great information and
author Upson's step-by-step approach is extremely helpful.

Upson discusses discarded tire reinforced boards which sound great. My
concern... Are discarded tires and the chemicals used to manufacture them
inert enough not to leach into the soil?  We have piles of mosquito
collecting used tires in a back yard of a garage  near two community gardens
that we're going to be renovating/merging.  If the tires are inert enough
for gardening purposes, it could be a good choice for us. Please let me know
your thoughts on this,

Adam Honigman