Re: selling produce from gardens

  • Subject: Re: [cg] selling produce from gardens
  • From: "Dr. H. Michael Simmons" <simmonsm@bloomington.in.us>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:17:12 -0500 (EST)

The Community Garden Project is a program of Bloomington Parks and
Recreation in Bloomington, IN.  The Bloomington Community Farmers' Market
is also a Bloomington Parks and Recreation program.  We allow participants
in the Community Garden Project to sell at the Market and keep the
profits, even though the garden is in a city park and we provide land,
water, soil amendments, fertilizer, and seeds.  The purpose is to teach
organic market gardening to low-income families.  Because of the
educational nature of the project, we feel there is no conflict of
interest in allowing the sales.

H. Michael Simmons, Ph.D.
Community Garden Project
Bloomington Parks and Recreation