Re: (garden sales

  • Subject: [cg] Re: (garden sales
  • From: SoleilPaz@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 10:41:36 EDT

In a message dated 04/27/2001 7:00:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
haywardcommunitygardens@netzero.net writes:

The funds we get from city are
federal tax dollars for "community AND economic development." Why isn't
small scale garden produce excess sales considered economic development?
The local "land developers" rake in millions of dollars p[rofit, why
can't local small time create a small subsistence income off the sales?

Excellent point John. In fact, I've gathered all this fantastic discussion
into a document as ammo for when I present to Parks n Rec about our CG
proposal. Thanks so much everyone! --Soleil

Soleil Paz Tranquilli
Elk Grove Community Garden
Elk Grove, CA

Click here: The Elk Grove Community Garden

“In our every deliberation,
we must consider the impact of our decisions
on the next seven generations.”
--Great Law of the Iroquoise Confederacy